Casino Royale
So I finally saw this film last Saturday and I loved it. The reintroduction of Bond in the modern era made the character more "real", more like the Bond of Fleming's novels. This Bond makes mistakes, gets hurt and is a flawed character. But these attributes make the story more enjoyable. Gone is the megalomaniac with a plot to take over the world. This time Bond's adversary is a banker to the world's terrorist. While updated to issues of the 21st century, the movie stays close to the plot from the original Casino Royale novel from 1953. Which is good, I think. I was a fan of Moore's Bond, since that was the Bond when I first started watching the series. However, after reading the novels, I decided I preferred Fleming's grittier character and I think Daniel Craig has done a good job bringing that Bond to the big screen. Bond is dangerous again and that's a good thing!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home