Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Get out of the way!

Okay, here's my first big gripe on this blog.
I love the U.S.A. and I would never leave. But there is one thing about this country that I wish would change to be more like Europe: lane discipline or lack of it. There is no respect on US roads. None. Everyday you see it: some a-hole is determined to stay in the left lane, also known as the PASSING lane, even though he/she isn't passing anyone. I drive relatively quickly, but when someone comes up behind me that is faster than me...I do something that is not common here: I move over and let the person go. Why not? Why do I care how fast he/she wants to go? If anything they'll help snuff out all the cops up ahead, so I have incentive to do so. I don't care for a lot of things that go on in Europe, but they clearly have a lot more respect for each other on the road. I've been there and seen it. They drive fast as hell, but they aren't out to stick it to the next guy like we are here. Mr./Mrs. All Important American Slow Driver will rush to get into the left lane to go slow.

The result of this disrespect is: road rage. Everyone is fed up waiting for these idiots to get the hell out of the way. Inevitably more and more cars catch up and end up waiting behind these fools. Eventually people get irritated and start trying to find ways to get around the offending car. Heck, I'm an aggressive driver, but I've seen this happen and moved to the "slow" lane to avoid what looks like an impending disaster.

So the next time you are in the "passing" lane and see me or someone else closing in on you quickly, get the f*** out of the way. I'll do the same for you.

Can you tell I have a hectic commute everyday? LOL
Drive safely and don't be an a-hole like Kurt Busch when you get pulled over.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Hi Dave-
I absolutely understand about the whole road respect thing. I have found myself in the left lane going slower than i should and I usually get out of the way...but I think I am in the minority. Happy driving!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow down. You'll may live longer.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger GamesGirl said...

High five on that one anon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home