"We'll help Ford beat the Japanese."
Who said that?
Was it:
(A) George W. Bush (President, USA)
(B) Bill Gates (CEO, Microsoft)
(C) Lee Tamahori (Cross-dressing Hollywood director)
(D) Hisakazu Imaki (President of Mazda)
(E) GM shareholders
The answer is "D".
That's right, the President of the Japanese auto company Mazda is going to help Ford beat who?
Ridiculous quote, but I'll be fair now. Ford does own 33% of Mazda, but still...the quote is foolish.
The story was about the trend towards smaller cars...I mean real small...like Chevy Aveo small. What is it with this country? First, we can't get enough of the BIG SUV. Now we need the minuscule Aveos and MINIs of this world. What about the *gasp* mid-size sedan?! It can seat 5 adults and haul most of the things you need around town without costing you an arm and a leg for gas, but not compromising your safety in an accident like a Yugo!


4 Comments:
Hey, no dissing on the Yugo. Teri owned one in college and it served him well! It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it got the job done!
I am all for the mid-sized sedan - in fact except for the very first car I ever drove, that is all I have owned. They just make sense.
Did he get into an accident with it? I was talking about its safety...although it wasn't known for its reliability either...but I've heard the story about his Yugo. Heck, I had two Escorts before my current car. Yes, they were POS, but they both lasted a long time.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yugo's kick ass! No I never got into an accident, but that's how safe they were...I was able to avoid them.
And isn't it sad we need Ford and Mazda to beat the japanese? Well, I guess if a couple of bombs can't do it...
Post a Comment
<< Home